Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

2loves4furbabes@gmail.com
22 Posts
Karen
Pine Colorado
USA

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  4:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have successfully arrived at the point of if making delicious bread ! But, in the last 2 occassions, there has been an air pocket at the top of the loaf. This causes the top crust to come apart after the loaf is cut. What am I doing wrong and/or what can I try to avoid this happening again ? Is it rising too fast ? Do I have to knead it more before the second rise ?

K.Hyde

22 Posts
Karen
Pine Colorado
USA

Posted - Apr 05 2020 :  06:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any clues/suggestions/thoughts/ideas ??

K.Hyde
Go to Top of Page

Elisabeth_P
97 Posts
Elisabeth
Burlington NC
USA

Posted - Apr 05 2020 :  10:51:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which bread recipe are you using? Maybe you should make sure it’s in a smooth shape when you put it in the container. I know like when I make rolls, if you don’t always roll them up well they will have lines depending on how much they rise. Maybe poke a few holes in the top? That way the air could release? That’s just some ideas. Glad your bread is going well. It’s such a good feeling when you get to that stage. I’m making a French loaf today :)

Elisabeth

Proverbs 22:1

~A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver or gold.~
Go to Top of Page

22 Posts
Karen
Pine Colorado
USA

Posted - Apr 05 2020 :  11:57:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for replying ! I'm using the sandwich loaf recipe. The only thing I did differently today was not knead the dough before the second rise. I just rolled it up, pinched the seams and put it in the buttered dish. I will see what happens and let you know. Post pics of your French bread

K.Hyde
Go to Top of Page

22 Posts
Karen
Pine Colorado
USA

Posted - Apr 05 2020 :  4:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I forfeit the self-decided kneading prior to second rise and voila !! Awesome, beautiful loaves of yummy bread ! And NO air pockets...yay !

K.Hyde
Go to Top of Page

Elisabeth_P
97 Posts
Elisabeth
Burlington NC
USA

Posted - Apr 06 2020 :  06:33:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here’s my loaf of French bread. Yummy! Your breads turned out beautiful!!!! I almost burnt my loaf because I put it in the oven and then went outside to enjoy the sunshine... then I remembered oh know I have bread in the oven! I’m glad I remembered when I did!

Elisabeth

Proverbs 22:1

~A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver or gold.~
Go to Top of Page

22 Posts
Karen
Pine Colorado
USA

Posted - Apr 06 2020 :  09:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, my...that loaf looks delicious ! Well done ! It's been beautiful outside lately, so I can totally understand wanting to be out there :) I froze some of the bread I baked yesterday...doubled the white loaf recipe ingredients. Enjoy your French bread !

K.Hyde
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Apr 08 2020 :  12:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness, your bread looks wonderful!!!

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: