Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Vicksumm
1 Posts
Vicki
Eagle Point OR
USA

Posted - Nov 27 2019 :  10:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I'm just learning how to navigate the forum so I'm sure I'll make mistakes. I've made bread over the years but wanted to try the Wild Bread process. I started with kamut flour but that turned into a big mistake as I could never get it to rise even after 6 weeks. I also invested in the recommended proofer which I love. But to no avail. I've begun again with organic white flour and am doing better. I saved three cups of kamut in the freezer in case I wanted to go back later and revive the process. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Vicki Summers

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Nov 27 2019 :  3:13:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Vicki, and welcome to the chatroom! It's disappointing to hear your Kamut mother didn't work out, even after buying a proofer. It was smart to save some of your Kamut mother just in case you do want to try it again. I'm hoping you have better luck with the white flour mother.

As far as suggestions, the most common things are to make sure you're using clean towels washed with mild detergent (heavily scented ones aren't good for your mother), make sure your mother is kept in a warm place free from drafts, and make sure you're using fresh, high-quality organic flour, and good, clean water. If these things are covered and you're still having trouble, I'm always happy to help troubleshoot.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

NancyOH1
6 Posts
Nancy
Columbus OH
USA

Posted - Jan 25 2020 :  1:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, I started my sourdough mother today and I am really excited to try some of the other flours mentioned in the cookbook. Look forward to hearing more about how everyone is doing with their sourdough recipes.

NancyOH1

Nancy J. Noble
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Jan 25 2020 :  6:34:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Nancy, I'm so happy you stopped by to say hi! I look forward to hearing more about your progress! Which type of flour did you decide to start with?

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: