Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to WildBread.Networking
 Welcome Wagon
 Store bought bread on counter & Easiest GF Flour?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

tanisneufeld
4 Posts
Tanis
Calgary AB
Canada

Posted - Nov 25 2019 :  08:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I just got your book, and I am so excited to begin. I eat gluten-free for health reasons, so I am so keen to learn how to make my own sourdough bread. Thinking of beginning with quinoa! Is that the best gluten free flour to start with for ease and success?

Also, my husband consumes store-bought bread regularly, so it will be in our house during the making of the counter mother. I was reading on pg 23 of your book, and wondering how to navigate this. How far away does the counter mother need to be from commercial bread? I am assuming that I don't want to keep it covered the whole 4 weeks until it becomes a refrigerator mother...

Thanks!

-Tanis

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Nov 25 2019 :  10:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Tanis,

As long as you enjoy the flavor of quinoa, quinoa flour is a great choice to get started with! A quinoa mother becomes active rather quickly and breads loft well. The main thing to watch out for with quinoa is rancidity. Because of the higher oil content in the grains, it can turn rather quickly. We found the best way to ensure our quinoa flour was as fresh as possible was to mill our own.

As far as keeping your store-bought breads and mother separate, if you have a cabinet to store these breads in, that's ideal, and just make sure they're not hanging out on the counter close to your mother for for any amount of time.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: