Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

marywords
5 Posts
Mary
Irwin ID
USA

Posted - Feb 08 2019 :  3:33:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm Mary and I live in Irwin, Idaho. My first bake day did not go great as my batter did not rise. I live in a very cold area and I also live at 5500 feet above sea level. I do have the proofer which I store my mother in to keep it at 73 degrees. I'm wondering if altitude and cold weather can play a part in the activity of the mother. Week two is already proving to be better, with much more activity in the mother and a much thicker, airy consistency. I also wanted to let others know that you are not alone if your first bake day didn't go great! Any advice would be appreciated. I am using Kamut organic flour and distilled water as recommended in the book.

Mary Wordsman

Mary Wordsman

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  09:02:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mary and welcome! I answered a question very similar to yours earlier this week. You can find it here: http://wildbread.net/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=255 I responded to your email too.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

marywords
5 Posts
Mary
Irwin ID
USA

Posted - Feb 09 2019 :  12:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I included a picture of my 2nd week mother. I am hoping this consistency is more correct? Week 1 mother was more liquid and not near as many bubbles.

Mary Wordsman
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Feb 11 2019 :  07:53:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That looks wonderfully bubbly and active! Considering this is just week 2, I think you're off to a great start!

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: