Author Topic  

Tekas
3 Posts
Sharon
Mesa Arizona
USA

Posted - Jan 13 2019 :  1:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,
New here and looking forward to learning from all of you. I tried wild yeast a few years ago and failed terribly, but after reading MaryJane’s book Wild Bread, I’m going to try again using her methods and start my own mother.
I live in Arizona and its definitely warm enough here to hopefully grow wild yeast

Sharon

Elisabeth_P
97 Posts
Elisabeth
Burlington NC
USA

Posted - Jan 13 2019 :  1:58:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine mother took a while to mature (more like a couple months), but I kept going and now I am making beautiful breads every week! Posting on here (my fails and successes) sure helped keep my moral up, Ashley and MaryJane are always here to offer encouraging words!

Elisabeth

Proverbs 22:1

~A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver or gold.~
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Jan 14 2019 :  08:11:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sharon, and welcome! Have you decided which flour you're going to use? Warmth is always a benefit for cultivating a wild-yeast mother! I'm hoping that your mother will flourish, and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

Tekas
3 Posts
Sharon
Mesa Arizona
USA

Posted - Jan 16 2019 :  6:37:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a lot of spelt and hard red winter wheat I may try spelt and see how that works
Go to Top of Page

Tari
3 Posts
Tari
Lewisville OH
USA

Posted - Jan 20 2019 :  12:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello to all, I've baked with sourdough before and even caught wild yeast, but I'm looking forward to learning more about wild bread.

No turning back
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: