Printer Friendly
Author Topic  

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Sep 06 2018 :  2:52:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I mixed up a batch of Einka Bara Brith. It was taking its time rising, so I popped it in the fridge overnight. I pulled it out of the fridge this morning, let it warm up to room temperature (to ensure even cooking), and baked it. The smell of it filled the air, and I enjoyed slathering a warm slice with butter and eating with a hot cup of coffee.

Here are the loaves right after I shaped them:

Here they are right before I baked them:

And here they are right before I ate them:

Ashley Ogle

Sylvia Jacobus
62 Posts
Sylvia
Kent WA
USA

Posted - Sep 06 2018 :  11:06:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good. I just used Einka flour too.Tomorrow is apple pie jam day with my Gala apples. Yummo

Bread is like the sun. It rises in the yeast and sets in the waist. Unknown author
Go to Top of Page

Ashley
656 Posts
Ashley
MOSCOW Idaho
USA

Posted - Sep 09 2018 :  08:38:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yum! Apple pie jam sounds wonderful. I bet it is delicious slathered on a piece of Bara Brith, or any bread for that matter. I suppose it's that time of year. I picked a whole bunch of paste tomatoes yesterday thinking about putting up tomato sauce for the winter.

Ashley Ogle
Go to Top of Page

Sylvia Jacobus
62 Posts
Sylvia
Kent WA
USA

Posted - Oct 02 2018 :  4:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just tried the "Irish" version of the bara Brith. Recipe says to use favorite dried fruit, so I used dried apples. lemon peel, orange peel, and the ginger. Soaked in my favorite tea, the Irish breakfast tea. Like you did, they went in the fridge overnight, baked the next day. Yummo! I bet any any fruit addition enhances this bread. Following your recipe, it just turns out great.
My jams are not jelling up, not used to this. So I'm trying a well trusted brand from my younger days of canning. What I made is still really good sauce for waffles, pancakes and ice cream. Nothing apple is wasted in my house. My grandsons drop in and devour.

Bread is like the sun. It rises in the yeast and sets in the waist. Unknown author
Go to Top of Page
  Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: